CDI Technologies Partners with ClassVR to Offer Classroom-Ready AR/VR Kits
News / June 5, 2019
Finally a Virtual and Augmented Reality product designed for the classroomChicago IL – June 5, 2019 –CDI Technologies announces that it partnered with ClassVR to offer classroom-ready AR/VR kits that include a complete toolset for teachers to incorporate AR/VR into their classrooms. ClassVR’s virtual and augmented reality system is designed for the classroom and provides students with engaging, immersive experiences. Students can go on virtual field trips with the 360-degree video experiences or they can get up close and personal with content such as a beating heart simply by looking at a ClassVR worksheet while wearing the headset.
“Virtual and augmented reality help teachers engage students in content to help them retain knowledge, but sometimes the technology can be daunting,” said Erez Pikar, CEO of CDI. “ClassVR addresses this challenge by providing teachers with easy-to-use, affordable AR/VR kits that come with everything needed to get started. This technology fits in with our goal of connecting educators with classroom-ready technology that inspires and engages students”
ClassVR kits include:
- Standalone VR/AR headsets that eliminate the need for additional mobile devices or Bluetooth controllers. The headsets also feature an intuitive hand and head-based gesture control system to help students navigate and select activities.
- Curriculum-aligned VR, AR and MR (mixed reality) resources and lesson plans designed to immerse and engage students. Users can also upload and share their own content.
- A web-based portal that allows teachers to control and manage the headsets, plan lessons, and monitor student progress. Teachers can set “points of interest” on students’ headsets to direct them to certain parts of the lesson and can view thumbnail images of what each student is seeing.
- Online tutorials and training videos for teachers.
- A ruggedized portable storage case and 100 GB of cloud storage.