CDI Supports 1:1 with 17,000 Mobile Charging Carts Deployed in Schools
News / November 29, 2017
20171128-centralsquareschoolCDI’s mobiLAB® charging carts by eduGear® are exclusively designed for education. CDI Computer Dealers has deployed more than 17,000 mobile charging carts to schools throughout North America as part of its comprehensive work to support schools as they add mobile technology to classrooms and move to 1:1 programs.
CDI’s mobiLAB charging carts by eduGear® help schools securely store, charge and transport multiple classroom devices at once and come at a variety of price points and features to fit schools’ budgets and needs. The carts also include a lifetime warranty on parts and a limited 3-year warranty on electrical components.
“Any school or district seeking to add technology or move to a 1:1 initiative also needs to think about how they can easily transport charge and securely store their new devices,” said Glenn Collins, vice president of mobile computing at CDI.
CDI’s charging solutions include:
“We purchased the mobiLAB EC32S and I’m impressed. It’s well built and for a good price. There may be more of these in our future.”
– Glen Stewart, district technology coordinator, Upper Township School District in NY
- mobiLAB Charging Cabinet CC14 – Starting at $399, it holds up to 14 Chromebooks and tablets up to 14 inches in size. It features a stackable design, a hands-free cable management system and power outlets that are set at a 45-degree angle to accommodate various A/C adapters. The CC14 has a 3-point door locking system and comes with the option of adding wheels for easy transport or a bracket to secure it to the wall. Schools can also add an external charging box and stack the cabinets together to hold up to 28 devices.
- mobiLAB Economy Charge Cart EC32S – Starting at $749, this cart holds up to 32 devices. It is designed for Chromebooks and Notebooks, but it can accommodate almost any 15-inch mobile device. It includes four power strips with outlets that are spaced and designed to be compatible with almost any A/C adapter, as well as enclosures to store power bricks if needed. It has 5-inch swivel caster wheels to allow for easy transport even in crowded hallways.
- mobiLAB Smart Charge Cart SC33 – This is the newest cart from mobiLAB. It starts at $969 and can hold up to 33 14-inch devices. It is designed for Chromebooks and Notebooks. It features slide-out shelves to make placing and removing devices easier and safer. Its 90-degree mounted power outlets accommodate various adapters. It also has wheels for easy transportation
“CDI has deployed more than one million devices to schools, so we understand their needs when it comes to mobile charging solutions. Our versatile, affordable charging carts from eduGear help schools get the most out of their technology program while keeping their assets safe.”
– Glenn Collins, Vice President of Mobile Computing at CDI.
CDI’s carts are UL certified and feature a compact design to save space in the classroom and excellent cable management systems. The EC32S and SC33 include smart charge technology to provide the maximum available charge to devices without overloading the classroom circuits.
“We purchased the mobiLAB EC32S and I’m impressed,” said Glen Stewart, district technology coordinator for the Upper Township School District in New Jersey. “It’s well built and for a good price. There may be more of these in our future.”